Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blood Moon Ohhh My!

So tonight around 10:30pm my boyfriend and I decided to hunt for the moon. Luckily we didn't have to leave the comfort of our apartment and were able to slide open our porch door and pull out our camera and record the so called, "Blood Moon!"

I was excited because I'd been hearing about this "Moon" for the last two weeks on my social media sites as well as on the news. So I was really looking forward to it.

My boyfriend and I witnessed the lunar eclipse happen the moon began as a white moon and slowly it began to show a shade of blue as the eclipse began to occur. It really did look blue. I was a little bummed at first because I thought the moon was supposed to turn red, blood red for that matter.

I'm an impatient person, so I kept on switching back and fourth from working on my homework assignments to gazing at the moon. I was even multi-tasking (even more) by watching the lunar eclipse live.

Eventually, the moon was darkened by the shadows of the sun and appeared red. Well, not totally red, I would say more of an orange color maybe brown dust color. But it was definitely not white and shiny anymore. I was in awe and I even caught it on tape!

I am just so grateful that I was able to witness and experience this lunar eclipse along with everyone else who stayed up to catch a glimpse of it. I felt honored that I was able to see this "Moon" with my own eyes. It's different seeing it for yourself than seeing it on screen. It's just a mind-blowing experience. It was AMAZING!! Hope you guys were able to watch it in person too.

Here is my "Blood Moon" short video clip. Hope you guys like it! 

Besitos xo




No comments:

Post a Comment