Monday, December 1, 2014

New Year New Me?!?

So, I wanted to start off by expressing my deep apologies for not being active on my blog since this past summer! I've been really busy with school and my youtube channel that I started in May! I love expressing myself through my facebook, instagram and my youtube channel, but sometimes doing it through writing seems a lot more easier than photos, videos or short statues'.

Many of you don't know this, but yet some do, but I've gained about 25 to 30 pound this year! My weight has been juggling a lot lately and for the last few months it has remained at my current weight. I'm not totally unhappy with my weight but I would love to go back to the size that I once was. When my weight was juggling back and forth was when I was working out and eating healthy. But then, all of sudden I would give up and stop going to the gym, I felt that it was useless and I wasn't getting any results and then I would gain a few pounds.
On top of that I have been really stressed out with school lately and I would reach for junk food as my comfort food to help ease my stressed out self and make me continue on with whatever task I had at the time. Then I work out again loose some weight, but it wasn't long before I would gain weight back. 

This past week, I had the opportunity to go visit my family. My sister who is a couple years younger than I has been religiously going to the gym. I mean 5 days a week a few hours a day. Her and her husband go and have not made a habit out of ditching the gym. Trust me, they make sure they go get their workout sesh! After all, their gym is open 24/7!! I noticed how toned and fit my sister and brother-in-law were which made me feel unhappy about the way I looked.

Let's be honest! Guys, unless their workout beasts eat whatever they want when they want, and my boyfriend is no exception. When he totally gave up on going to the gym that's when if rubbed off on me. I don't want to make any excuses.... but really.... that's really when I stopped going to the gym. I felt unmotivated. It didn't help that he told me that I was beautiful each and everyday. Had he not told me that I might have felt a little motivation to get up and go to the gym.... i'm not saying that he shouldn't tell me he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful because I gained weight, a guy who truly loves you no matter what should always let you know you're beautiful. 
His eating habits were also rubbing off on me!! and I'm talking bad eating habits! I learned to eat just because he said it was time to eat, but not because I was hungry. I wanted to spend time with my significant other and if it meant enjoying some yummy food together, than why not?!

Fast forward to my thanksgiving break! As I spent time with my sister, I noticed her eating habits. She would eat if she was hungry. If anyone asked her, "Hey let's go get a bite to eat," she would tell it like it is. "I'm not hungry." She would of course not miss out on lunch date, but instead would enjoy a drink while I ate. I also noticed that her portions were smaller. Not significantly smaller, but smaller. That right there made me realize that I have been serving myself larger portions and eating all my food, because I hate wasting food! I realized that I had to take back control of my life. If I'm not happy and just "ok" I need to actually do something about it. I need to control how much I eat and when I eat!

I talked to my boyfriend, and he himself said that he also needed to get back in shape. So we decided that we would help motivate each other and go to the gym together!

Today is really the first day I have started this so called new diet per se, or a lifestyle! I woke up and made myself a cup of coffee and a bagel, because guess what? I'm hungry!!! I'm one to always eat breakfast because I wake up really hungry! It's 7:30am as I type this and I usually don't eat again until 12:30pm on Mondays! But today I will only eat if i'm actually hungry.

We are finally in the month December!!! With December comes food! Lots of it!! So I won't officially start my new lifestyle until the new year, but I will begin to practice so that when New Year's comes, I'm all set and ready and it won't be hard for me to follow through on my goal!

Muah xoxo
Rosey


No comments:

Post a Comment