Tuesday, February 11, 2014

R.I.P. Shirley Temple :(

I was saddened when I found out Shirley Temple passed away today. I was at school and found out through my Instagram. Isn't it amazing how social media sites are now our outlet for breaking news?
Finding out about Shirley Temple's death just brought on a wave of memories of when I was a little girl. When I was about 8 years old my parents would take us (my sisters and I), to the local library, which I loved! It was like, kid heaven! So many books and so many movies to check out. I believe the limit was about 5 videos for checkout, and my sisters and I got to choose which ones we wanted to see. They were all children appropriate movies of course, the upstair part of the library was strictly for children books and movies. 
I remember there were a bunch of Shirley Temple videos and we would always pick those and watch them over and over throughout the years. Shirley was such an idol for my sisters and I. We really looked up to her and wanted to be just like her. A girl that can tap dance and sing, she was everything to us at time. My sisters and I would watch the movies with my parents and I remember we would try to re-enact Shirley's tap dancing. Oh My God!!! We were definitely not tap dancing material, but god was that fun!!! 
Looking back and thinking about these moments, really makes me miss those times. Those times when my family would all watch the same movies and hang out and laugh and eat ice cream drumsticks. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and re-live those moment again with my family. Spending time with my sisters, whom I love so much! We are still closer than ever, but on a different level. We have grown up and are all different but very similar. Don't get me wrong, we still spend lots of time together, my sisters are my best friends, but when we get together watch movies nowadays there are more people added to the equation. I have an amazing baby nephew now, and my boyfriend as well as my sisters' boyfriends come along and watch movies with us too.
All I can say is, cherish those moments you have with your family, because it will not be the same again and it may be the last time you have times like those. You will still have family times but they will be different and not a bad different, but nonetheless, different. 

Thank you Shirley Temple for bringing my family together and keeping us entertained with you quirky personality. May you rest in peace <33


Besitos xoxo
Rosey 

No comments:

Post a Comment